Image Map

Etsy Artist Feature #2- Monika Design

May 11, 2010


Please tell us a little about yourself- name, location, what do you like to do for fun?
My name is Monika. I was born in the Czech Republic, and I have lived in Florida for about 10 years with my son. After my divorce I returned to all the hobbies that I used to do back in the day. My main hobbies are knitting, crochet, photography, reading and my personal favorite- the art of food. I love making and preparing food that catches people's attention, food that you almost feel sorry to eat (http://www.flickr.com/photos/flyingzoo/sets/72157607164916886/) and I love jogging on the beach. :)

What is your shop’s name and URL? What do you sell? Do you have a favorite item?
http://www.monikadesign.etsy.com
I like to crochet and I sell crocheted coasters, hot pads, bowls and bath items. I love my apple coasters :)


How did your shop’s name come about?
I wanted my shop's name to be my name; it is nothing special but I like it :)

What inspires you to create?
I specialize in crochet along with anything that has to do with home decor. Currently I try to get my ideas from the nature, such as flowers, trees, animals and anything simple, yet beautiful in the world.


What made you decide to open up a shop on Etsy?
Many of my friends told me I should sell my items. I found Etsy and 1 year ago I opened my shop. I had my first year anniversary on April 2010.

What is the one word that describes you best?
Ooooh...I think I'm a very creative person...CREATIVE :)


If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?
Australia, New Zeland and Tibet.

Do you have any words of wisdom for newbie sellers?
Actually I'm a newbie; I've been selling on Etsy 1 year. I love Etsy and I have had a great experience. I'm thinking about my shop on Etsy all the time. I read the Etsy forums and Etsy blog. I learn every day something new. I think if you love what you are doing, you don't need any advice.


A big thank you to Monika for participating in my first Etsy Artist Feature Week! :)

I'll meet you back here tomorrow for Etsy Artist Feature #3!

3 comments:

  1. I never knew coasters could be so cute!

    found you on etsy forums. I hope you'll come visit me too!

    http://jdavissquared.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for featuring! Best Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tell Monika I want to eat them - they are my favorite as is Monika :)
    Great blog - am now a new follower

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments, and read them all! Thank you! :)