Image Map

DIY Successes!

February 25, 2010

Saturday's Bridal Shower was a success- woo hoo! Many of the Shower elements were handmade including the favors, the centerpieces, advice cards, recipe cards, all of the games, and the invitations (which I already revealed). Today I'd like to showcase the graphic projects as well as the game stationery, and as the day of photos trickle in (I must admit that I forgot my camera when I left the house!) I'll do a separate post.

First up are the recipe cards, which were sent with the invitation. The color theme of Megan's shower was black, red, and white polka dots (hence the invitations and recipe cards!). The recipe cards were created in Photoshop, with use of a digital (although slightly modified) polka dot paper background. I'm super happy with how the cards came out, as they look great by themselves and even better in Megan's new red recipe box! :)


I also created the Words of Wisdom graphic below, and printed them on small cards for the experienced guests to share valuable marriage advice with the Bride-to-be. I originally spotted the idea for the Words of Wisdom in the bridal aisle at Michael's. They directed all to their website for directions where it said something to the tune of "find chat bubble, and print on cards". Needless to say I was frustrated, as where in the world was I supposed to find a stylish chat bubble? I took it upon myself and created the graphic in Photoshop. I hope Megan references the advice cards in the future!



I'm a lover of games (what about you?)! Three games were created for the Shower- How Much Do You Know About Megan?, Purse Scavenger Hunt (my favorite!), and Gift Bingo. It's just my opinion, but I think game #1 and #2 were the favorites among the guests. Gift Bingo was played later in the afternoon, and with 50+ guests, I think it was hard for many to see Megan opening the presents (you live and learn- right?).



3 comments:

  1. I am so impressed with all the graphic projects that you created. Maybe you should go into the party planning business. You definitely threw a fun, well organized shower for Megan. A great time was had by all who attended. One of the guests told me that she loved the bride bingo game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why isn't there a measuring tape on the scavenger hunt list? Doesn't every girl carry one!?! :) Great job on the graphics (I especially like the recipe cards).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Candice,
    I wish I could have been there. Looks like you had such fun things planned. I have played two of those games by myself here at home. lol I might have even been a winner of the one about Megan had I been there. So looking forward to the wedding.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments, and read them all! Thank you! :)