Image Map

It's Calling My Name!

November 30, 2009

I stumbled across The Toy Society (TTS) today, in which volunteers (like you and me!) spread love throughout the streets of the world. Per TTS's blog, "Nothing to it really just a bunch of handmade toys looking for a nice home. What started as a small street art project in Australia is slowly spreading around the world. Should you come across a member of The Toy Society on your travels collect them up and take them home with you!".

The whole concept makes me smile- the thought of handmade toys replacing the dangerous mass-produced toys, the surprise on a child's face, the joy of giving. My December is proving to be a bit hectic, but I'll make sure to carve away some time for TTS...now the question is where should I leave the toy?

One last thing. If you're interested in participating and questioning what kind of toy to make, TTS offers links to a couple of tutorials on their blog (left hand column). I have my eye on the Softy Scottie Dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE your comments, and read them all! Thank you! :)