Image Map

So Sophie Fat Quarter Quilt

February 14, 2014

When Jana and I were in Utah helping The Quilted Fish with her Delighted launch party (October 2011), we had the opportunity to visit Cindy and Jina at Riley Blake headquarters.  I believe the day we were at RB headquarters, was the day that So Sophie made its debut, therefore Jana and I were gifted some So Sophie.  I had honestly been waiting for the perfect quilt, to use my So Sophie, and in my eyes a quilt for Kia's sweet Grandma fit the bill.


Just like the Parson Gray World Tour quilt for Kia's Dad, time was extremely tight, so I opted to make a quick fat quarter friendly quilt (Fantastic-O Fat Quarter Quilt, by my friend Gina Halladay). The front is pieced using 12 fat quarters, and quilted with big bubbly flowers, in a rose colored thread.


The back is simple, as I used the small yellow flower print, and used the linear polka dot print for the binding.  Kia's Grandma was over the moon when she opened the quilt, which is reason enough for why I create and sew for others.  :)

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful post however , I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this subject? I’d be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Bless you!
    경마
    온라인경마

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is in point of fact a nice and helpful piece of info. I’m happy that you shared this helpful info with us. Please stay us up to date like this. Thank you for sharing. 바카라

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like reading a post that can make people think. Also, thank you for allowing for me to comment!
    경마사이트

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments, and read them all! Thank you! :)