Image Map

Parson Gray World Tour Fat Quarter Quilt

February 13, 2014

To say that I busy with Christmas sewing this past December, was an understatement.  I'll have to do a couple of blog posts to recap everything I made, but here is a quick breakdown:

2 Lap Quilts
5 Pillowcases
22 Quilted Holiday Pillows (with zippers!)


The first lap quilt I made was for Kia's Dad.  I had planned on making him a quilt for his birthday, as he mentioned that he was interested in a quilt of his own, but during a weak moment, I convinced myself that I could whip one up for him in time for Christmas.

 

Time was tight, so I opted to make a quick fat quarter friendly quilt (Fantastic-O Fat Quarter Quilt, by my friend Gina Halladay).  It's really become my go to quick quilt in a day pattern.  The fabric is World Tour by Parson Gray, which I love as it is very manly, and even has a Persian touch to it.


Needless to say, Kia's dad was stoked when he opened up his quilt, which brought a huge smile to my face.  I love to sew for others, as the recipient's joy always warms my heart!

1 comment:

  1. I am sure he loved it! PS -- how do I get on your giving list? ;)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments, and read them all! Thank you! :)