Image Map

Dr. Seuss Birthday Quilt

January 28, 2013

One month into 2013, and I have one finished quilt under my belt- not too shabby!  I love Dr. Seuss, and the fact that I read his books as a child and now my friend's kids are enjoying them.


My sweet friend Kiara's son turned one, and had a Dr. Seuss themed birthday party to celebrate!  Once I spotted the sweet Robert Kaufman Dr. Seuss fabrics on Etsy, I knew that a Dr. Seuss Birthday Quilt was in order for the big party!

I used Patchwork Plaza's One Block Two Block Red Block Blue Block quilt pattern.  Kiara and I took laid out the fabric, and then I whipped up the quilt in a day or so.  There are hardly any matching seams, thus the quick sewing!

My friend Joyce did the long arm quilting for me.  I love the circles and the choice of yellow thread. 


The quilt is backed with all of Dr. Seuss' book titles, and bound in a red and white stripe.  The quilt is so fun and colorful- perfect for a one year old!  :)


3 comments:

  1. Cute! I love the stripey binding, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This turned out just perfect! I love the fabric, pattern and quilting! You make such beautiful things!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking for a pattern to make a dr. seuss quilt. I am a beginner quilter and this one doesn't look too overly complicated so I am thinking of taking it on! I have a question about the red fabrics. Any problem with bleeding?

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments, and read them all! Thank you! :)