Image Map

Summer Love- Pick-a-Bunch Quilt

August 29, 2012

Well, its been well over a month since I finished this fun quilt, but I figure its never too late to share a fun summer quilt, especially with the crazy triple digit weather- right?

I originally blogged about the fabric and quilt pattern back in February.  Have I mentioned that I drag my feet when it comes to binding?  :)  Let's just say that this quilt sat for a couple of weeks (okay, months!) after I quilted it on the long arm.

This is the first time I've incorporated solids into one of my quilts, and I love the splash of color!

I normally like to add a little something special to the backing, but with such a busy front, I opted for uniform back.  I also used green polka dot fabric for the binding, oh how I LOVE polka dots!  :)

Here is a close up of the fun flowers that were quilted by me on a long arm.  I love that the flowers mimic the flowers featured in the fabric.  Its hard to tell, but I quilted with purple thread, to tie everything together.

With summer coming to an end (boo!  Or maybe its a good thing if you get to have more sewing/craft time when your little ones are at school!) what are you working on?


  1. Oh I LOVE the quilt AND the quilting! Fabulous! Thanks for sharing!

    Cheery wave from

  2. Love, love this fabric and quilt! Awesome!! Miss you!

  3. this quilt just makes me happy :)

  4. So so cute! And "boo" to the end of summer? Don't you live in the land of year-round summer?

  5. Great job on the top AND on the quilting! I'm quite impressed with your quilting skill. I've been missing you, girl!

  6. I love that fabric line and this quilt is just gorgeous!

  7. I am not going to say I miss you, cause it looks like half the team did... although your quilting is superb... and i DO MISS YOU!


I LOVE your comments, and read them all! Thank you! :)