Image Map

Dreaming Big!

June 2, 2011



I first got behind a sewing machine in fourth grade.  My mom enrolled my sister and I in after school sewing lessons, at the local quilt shop.  Every week we would show up with our sewing basket stock full of supplies, and pattern in hand.  My mom would leave and the teacher, sweet and ever so patient Mrs. Dietz (sp?) would take over.  My wardrobe was full of handmade reversible vests (they were in style- I swear), one-piece pant jump suits, and way too many sunflower printed garments (I wish I had a picture to share with all!). 

You may wonder where I'm going with this walk down memory lane.  Well, with all of my free time (aka, 11 months of unemployment!), on occasion I still wonder what I want to be when I grow up.  I know, I know, I'm 28, with a college degree, and frankly I should already know who I am, and what I'll be doing for the rest of my life, but life happens and interests change.

Lately opening an after school sewing studio for children is on my list of what I want to do.  Having the ability to inspire young girls to be the next generation of quilters and seamstresses would be such an honor!  Opening a brick and mortar quilt shop is always something that's in the back of my head.  In addition, the possibility of being a fabric sales rep has been brought to my attention by my sweet mentor.  Who know what God's plan for my life looks like.  As of now I'm just waiting patiently and trying to make the most out of my free time, as I know when I go back to work my creative time will diminish.

What do you want to be when YOU grow up???  :)

6 comments:

  1. A sewing school would be a great thing! You ought to think about running a summer camp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love where I am right now, but good luck trying to find your dreams. Trying to teach others things you love will probably always be a great goal, even if you make no money doing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea Candice! I think you would be suited to all of those things so try to think of what would make you happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To dream and aspire to the betterment of your fellow person is rewarding. Success is not guaged by the car you drive or your bank account. It is developed through the years of what you have done and more importantly how you accomplished it.

    We must never be satisfied of our current status as if you are not growing as a person in reality you are withering away. Life is very short, go for the gusto!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a pretty amazing dream! I also don't know what I want to be when I grow up, maybe that's why I am dragging my feet a little with finishing university...
    I am no good at explaining things to others so I admire everyone who has the patience and ability to do so. If you want to, just go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up!
    But I do know I am enjoying what I am doing on the way there.
    Have fun and you know it's exciting not knowing what God has planned!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments, and read them all! Thank you! :)