Image Map

Homemade Meal Monday (#2)!

August 24, 2009

With Labor Day just around the corner, I thought I would share a potato salad recipe, which was a HIT with all of my guests for Memorial Day!

Bobby Flay is the master of southwestern cuisine and the grill, and his Grilled Red Potato Salad with Bacon-Blue Cheese Vinaigrette does not disappoint!

Ingredients:
4 pounds new potatoes, scrubbed, cooked until almost tender, drained, and halved

1/4 cup olive oil, plus 1/4 cup

Salt and freshly ground black

3/4 pound hickory smoked bacon

1 large red onion, finely sliced

1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1
tablespoon sugar
1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 cup crumbled blue cheese

Directions:

Preheat grill. Toss potatoes with 1/4 cup olive oil and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Grill cut side down for 3 minutes. Turn over and continue grilling 2 to 3 minutes. Place in a large bowl.

Place medium skillet on the side burner or the grill and heat until almost smoking. Add the bacon and cook until golden brown and crisp. Remove to a plate lined with paper towels. Let cool and crumble.

Remove all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat from the pan. Add the onions and cook until soft, 5 to 6 minutes. Add 1/4 cup olive oil, vinegar, and sugar and cook until sugar is dissolved. Pour the onion mixture over the potatoes, add the crumbled bacon and parsley and toss to combine, season with salt and lots of black pepper. Spoon the salad onto a large platter and sprinkle with the crumbled blue cheese.

As always, if you end up trying the Grilled Potato Salad, I would love to hear what you think about it, as I've found it to be a great sidekick to any grilled dinner and/or celebration! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. OH my goodness. YUM! I will have to try this!
    Sweetie- My clutch arrived today and I LOVE it!! Thank you so much!!!
    I am having a giveaway so you must stop by!;) Lori

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments, and read them all! Thank you! :)