Image Map

Quilt Market- Part 2 {Designer Sightings}

July 2, 2012

My favorite part of Quilt Market (besides Sample Spree and all of the new fabric designs) is having a chance to chat with some of my favorite fabric designers.


It was so nice to have the chance to see sweet Vanessa Christenson of V and Co. again, as we originally met at The Sewing Summit in October!  :) 


She had a booth at Market to promote her patterns and her new fabric line with Moda, Simply Color.  I'm loving the chevron print, as well as all of the ombre choices!  :)


This is myself, Sandy Klop of American Jane patterns and fabric, and my bestie Jana.


Liesl Gibson of Oliver + S, who is just as sweet and personable as I had hoped for!  After reading designer's blogs and following their successes, I always feel like I really know them (please tell me I'm not the only one that feels this way!).




I have to say that Liesl's Straight Stitch Society Manifesto was a hit among all!


Anna Maria Horner and her stunning booth (I love all of her attention to detail)! 


Anna Maria's newest fabric collection is Field Study Fabrics, I don't know about you but I'm loving the Moonlit colorway!


I am always in awe of Amy Butler and her creative abilities!  It was a pleasure having the chance to see her again.  The first time we met at Spring Quilt Market 2011 she asked when I was going to have a booth at Market for my patterns (I'm pretty sure I blushed!), which I thought was such a sweet gesture.  She is so very gracious and really wants to get to know her customers at Market, which I think is great!  :)


Amy's beautiful new fabric collection, Cameo.  See the upholstered chair in the top right corner?  I really need to pick one up at the local thrift store and upholster one for my sewing room.  How fun would that be?  :)


Joel Dewberry mentioned that he has a new fabric collection being released in the very near future.  I can't wait to see what he has up his sleeve, as I love everything he does.


Tula Pink at her book signing!


Here is a glance at Tula's booth at Market.  I loved all of the bright colors and unique quilt designs, not to mention that awesome tree chair!  :)

3 comments:

  1. I miss you. Why can't every day be quilt market?

    ReplyDelete
  2. eek! i love the behind the scenes you've given us. thanks:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! So much fun. You and Vanessa are like Bobsie Twins! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments, and read them all! Thank you! :)