Image Map

Best Valentine's Present....EVER!

February 28, 2012

Hi Friends!  I hope everyone is having a fantastic week.  I just wanted to pop in, as Thomas and I were hard at work last night finishing up my new (and very large!) design wall!  I had mentioned that I wanted to build one, and Thomas made me one for Valentine's Day.  He is great, isn't he?  :)


The design wall measures approximately 6' x 6', is made with foam insulation, and attached to a wood frame.  Thanks to the design wall, I no longer have to lay out my quilts on the floor and subsequently block the sewing room off from the dogs with a baby gate (why is is that they always want to lay on whatever I'm working on!?!).

You may notice as well, that I've rearranged the sewing room a bit.  I moved some of the larger furniture out to accommodate the design wall, that and the small room was feeling way to claustrophobic!  One day when I'm not creating, and my studio is clean, I'll post a photo of the new layout for your viewing pleasure!  :) 

6 comments:

  1. That is a pretty great present - Thomas does sound great ;-) I have some flannel nailed to my wall as a design wall, this is much better haha.

    I love that quilt on the design wall - I have the same fabric and I was wondering what I should make with it - this pattern looks lovely in those prints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a keeper. I need one of those. Design walls, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job! he's definitely a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so great! I love that he did that for you! And I love the quilt you have on the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Thomas! Looks beautiful. I'm going to have to come check out all this creativity going on at your house. Yours and his.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! And such a great idea. I'm just starting out (as in my sewing machine is on a FedEx truck somewhere on it's way to my house) and I can't wait to try my hand at quilting. I have been trying to figure out how I will find the space to lay them out & this is it!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE your comments, and read them all! Thank you! :)